Rules & Regulation of the Society
(Resident Welfare Association)
Name of the Society :Name of the society shall be “NAVDEEP RESIDENTIAL WELFARE ASSOCIATION”.
Registered Office :The registered office of the Society shall be and remain in the National Capital Territory of Delhi and at present it is at the following address:- 91, DDA FLATS, POCKET-9, NASIRPUR, SECTOR-1A, DWARKA, NEW DELHI-110045.
a) Any person who owns a house / flat, or a tenant of a house/flat unit in Navdeep Residential Welfare Association at DDA Flats, Pocket-9, Nasirpur, Sector-1A, Dwarka, New Delhi-110045 and who attains at least 18 years of age is eligible to become a member of the Association. The member can represent in the Association himself / herself or through one of his / her Immediate family members in writing; and has interest in the development of the society and abides by terms and conditions of the society without discrimination of the religion, caste, creed or colors, but subject to the approval of the governing body.
b) The Flat Owner will be the Permanent Member and they can Vote and Nominate themselves for Governing Body and Membership.
c) The Tenant too can be a Member and they will be treated as Temporary Member but they can’t Vote or Nominate themselves for any Post, but by the written permission of Flat Owner, the Tenant Can Cast the Vote.
d) In the event of death of a Member, the Alternate Member or surviving joint owner or his next of kin, on intimation to the Association, shall be eligible for enrolment as a Primary Member and shall discharge his functions as such. No admission fee is charged in such a case.
e) In case of a change in the ownership/ occupancy, the outgoing Member shall intimate the Association and the new incumbent shall apply for the Membership afresh with Admission Fee and pay dues from the date of applying for Association’s Membership.
f) An owner/resident desirous of becoming a Member shall apply for Membership to the President/ General Secretary of the Association, in writing, in the prescribed Admission Form and give an Undertaking to abide by the Rules & Regulation of the Association (Annexure A– which may be modified from time to time by Governing Body).
g) All the Residents has to be a Member of Association and has to pay prescribed membership fees every month.
h) All the Residents has to fill up the Membership form, if he/she is an Owner they have fillup Annexure-A(O) and if they are Tenant they have to fillup the Annxure-A(T) membership form.
i) If there is any change in Membership Detail fillup Annexure-A(MD) Form, for Change in Vehicle Details fillup Annexure-A(V) Form and for change in Family Detail fillup Annexure-A(F).
FUNCTIONING OF THE ASSOCIATION:
The Association will function through the elected Executive Committee comprising of “Office Bearers” and “Executive Members”. The President as the Chief Executive, with an active support of the General Secretary and the Executive Committee, will execute and direct the activities of the Association. The General Body as a Supreme Authority will review the Association activities during the Annual/Special General Body Meetings and the election of the Executive Committee will be held at the end of its tenure as defined hereafter in the Articles of Association. Annual/ Special/ Extra Ordinary – General Body Meetings shall take place on any Sunday, within DDA Flats, Pocket-9, Nasirpur only.
- The rate of subscription for all the members shall be Rs. 150/- per month and admission fee Rs.100/- per member.
- The Members shall regularly pay the Annual Subscription(s) as may be prescribed by the Association from time to time.
- The Governing Body shall have the right to increase the monthly subscription as and when necessary after the approval in the General Body Meeting.
- The Governing Body shall have the right to raise funds as and when necessary and charge additional subscription from members for any individual games, events, activity or function of the Association.
PREVILIGES AND LIABILITIES OF MEMBERS :
- All members of the Association are entitled to the facilities and special services provided by the Association for members welfare. They can participate in all social and cultural activities organized by the Association and exercise such rights as envisaged in the Constitution.
- It is incumbent on all residents of DDA Flats, Pocket-9, Nasirpur to become a Member of the Association as they are enjoying directly or indirectly all facilities and amenities being arranged by the Association.
- The Liabilities of the Members are limited but form the essential elements of a good community living aimed at promoting peace, harmony, good neighbourly relations and keeping the Sector’s environment clean and healthy and cooperate in making security arrangements successful.
- The members (having once become a member) have to timely pay the subscription and other dues as decided by the Executive Committee/General Body from time to time, irrespective of whether their plot/unit lie vacant/unoccupied.
- The financial Liability of the Members is limited to timely payment of fee, subscription and other charges/ dues/ arrears (if any), as prescribed by the Association from time to time.
DUTIES OF A MEMBERS:
- A Member shall not act in a manner inimical or prejudicial to the interests of the Association and shall abide by the Rules & Regulations of the Association.
- A Member shall act as a law-abiding citizen and shall not have been convicted by a Court of Law for any offence(s), which might tarnish the image of the Association.
- A Member shall not breach or be a cause of breach of peace and tranquility in the Sector and shall maintain friendly relation with all residents based on mutual respect and trust.
- A Member shall maintain utmost discipline during the Meetings held by the Association and restrain from indulging in any unlawful activities and shall abide by the ruling of the chair.
- A Member shall try to participate in all the Meetings held by the Association. Only Members are allowed to participate in Association’s Meetings and shall not come alongwith his/ her family members or friends.
- A Member shall follow various advisory(s) issued by the Executive Committee/ General Body from time to time. e.g., a) proper disposal of domestic/ construction waste, instead of dumping in vacant plot/ public places. b) parking vehicles properly c) keeping pet chained and ensuring proper disposal, if pet defecates in public area. d) no encroachment on public land in any form whatsoever including for gardening/ parking sheds – causing inconvenience to fellow residents, e) driving vehicles in speed limits
- A Member shall be liable to cooperate with the Executive Committee and General Body in carrying out the objectives of the Association.
- A member shall regularly pay the Annual Subscription(s) and other fee/ charges, as may be prescribed by the Association from time to time.
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES OF A MEMBERS:
- A Primary Member shall enjoy the voting right, be eligible for election/ nomination to the Executive Committee, enjoy the benefit of all social services offered/ facilitated by the Association and participation in all activities of the Association. There shall be only one vote for each plot.
- The Primary Member shall be eligible for nomination as Co-opted Member of the Executive Committee and appointment as Election Commissioner / Returning Officer for conducting the Association elections.
- Primary Member who has not paid their subscription /dues in full, as on date as specified in the Circular issued by the Association for finalisation of Voter List for upcoming election of the Association (due in 1~2 months’ time from the date of said circular) shall not be eligible to cast their vote/ contest/ sponsor or second a candidate.
- A new Member, who has been enrolled as Primary Member and has paid their subscription /dues in full, as on date as specified in the Circular (in 8 (c) above) shall be entitled to vote/ contest/ sponsor or second a candidate.
- A Member shall be eligible for nomination as Member of Subcommittee(s) constituted as per direction of the Executive Committee for specific purpose.
- A Member and their family members residing with him shall only be eligible to participate in the social and cultural program held by the Association.
Refusal :The governing body of the society may refuse any person for the membership, provided reasons for refusal shall be communicated to the person concerned in writing with reason.
Termination : The governing body of the society may terminate any member from the society on the following grounds:-
(i) On his/her death.
(ii) If the member fails to pay subscription continuously for Three Month from the due date of paying subscription.
(iii) If the member of the society works against the aims and objects of the society.
(iv) If the membership of the society tender his/her resignation to the society.
(v) If the member fails to attend three successive meetings of the general body without intimation in writing. The reason for termination shall be communicated to the concerned member in writing.
(vi) By no confidence motion passed by 2/3rd majority of votes. The reasons of termination/expelled shall be communicated to every month. Every such terminated member shall have a right to appeal before the General Body which may or may not be accepted.
(vii) If declared insolvent or of unsound mind or if convicted by a Court of Law for any cognizable offence.
Appeals : Every such expelled member shall have right to appeal to the general body of the society which may or may not be accepted. All the appeals shall be preferred to the general body of the society; the decision of the general body shall be final. The reason of rejection shall be communicated to the concerned member.
Re-Admission :In case an expelled / terminated member is Re-admitted by the general body the same person / member shall have to pay all dues upto date. The decision of the general body shall be final.
Rights & Privilege of: Every member shall have right to participate in the Membership general body meeting. Besides this, he/she shall have also right to vote in the meeting of the society. Every member shall be entitled to participate in the meetings, functions and get-together programmes of the society.
Quorum & Notice of the meetings:-
A. General Body: There shall be a general body of the society consisting of all the members. The meeting of the general body shall be held once every year with 2/3rd quorum. No quorum shall be required in the adjourned meeting. An emergent meeting of the general body may also be summoned on the written request of 3/4th members, with 03 days prior notice for such meetings. The notice period of the general meeting of the general body shall be 01 days. The following business shall be transacted in these meetings:-
(i) To prepare annual programs and policies.
(ii) To discuss and to decide all such matters and issues which are directly or indirectly related to the affairs of the society.
(iii) To pass annual budget of the society.
(iv) To appoint in a qualified auditor for conducting annual audit of the society.
(v) To consider any other business brought forwards by the governing body.
Governing Body :There shall be a governing body of the society to look after and to manage the day to day affairs of the society. It shall consist of minimum 07 and maximum 09 members including the office bearers. The meetings of the governing body shall be held every 02 months with 2/3rd quorum.No quorum shall be required in the adjourned meeting. An emergent meeting of the governing body may also be summoned on the written request of 3/4th members by 03 days’ notice of the meeting. The notice period of the governing body shall be 3rd days. The following business shall be transacted in these meetings: –
a) To take necessary steps for the implementation of all the programmes and policies drawn by the general body.
b) To approve the necessary expenditure to meet the day to day requirements of the society
c) To take decisions on application for membership
d) To appoint committee for disposal of any business of the society or for advice on any matter pertaining to the society.
e) To arrange finance if required from other bank(s), institutions or individual on reasonable terms and conditions and the governing body as a whole is liable for its return.
f) To appoint, terminate and fix duties of any staff.
g) To receive, to have custody of and to expand the funds of the society and manage the properties of the society.
h) To sue and defend all legal proceedings on behalf of the society.
i) To take all such other legal steps which may appear beneficial for the smooth and better management of society.
j) The following is the present structure / strength of the Governing Body:-
- President : One
- Vice-President : One
- General Secretary : One
- Secretary : One
- Treasurer : One
- Executive Members :Min. 4 and Maximum 20.
Powers & Duties of the office bearers:
a) He/She shall preside all the meetings of general body and governing body.
b) In case of equality of votes in any meetings, he/she Shall tender his/her casting vote.
c) He/She shall supervise work of other office bearers from time to time.
d) He/She shall have the power to allow inclusion of any subject/matter in the agenda for the discussion in the course of Governing Body/General Body meeting.
e) In case it is necessary to decide any point/matter/issue urgently and there is no time to call the Governing Body meeting, the President shall have the powers to decide the point/issue/matter but he/she shall bring the matter to the notice of the Governing Body as early as it is possible, for having the same ratified.
f) To appoint/terminated such staff as may be required for effective and efficient management of the affair of the Society / Association.
g) He/She shall get the accounts of the society Audited by the Qualified Auditor appointed by the Governing Body of the Society / Association.
h) He/She shall Ensure compliance of all statutory formalities and Rules & Regulations.
Vice President :
In the absence of the President the Vice-President shall enjoy all powers and duties which are entrusted to the President. He/She will also assist to the President in his/her duties from time to time.
General Secretary :
a) He/She shall represent the society in public and private offices.
b) He/She shall keep all types of records of the society including the register of members containing their names, addresses and other brief particulars.
c) He/She shall undertake all types of correspondence on behalf of the society / Association.
d) He/She shall convene the meetings of general body, governing body and inform every member regarding time, date and venue of the meeting through a _03_days earlier written notice.
e) He/She shall look after the Administration and other affairs and attend all the Correspondence.
f) He/She shall give effect to the directions and decisions taken at such meetings.
Secretary : In the absence of the General Secretary, the Secretary shall enjoy all powers and duties which are entrusted to the General Secretary. He/She will also assist to the General Secretary in his/her duties from time to time.
a) He/She shall collect subscription, gifts, grants-in-aid and donations from the members and the general public.
b) He/She shall be responsible for keeping and maintenance of a true and correct accounts of the society / Association’s fund.
c) All the assests and funds of Society shall remain under the care and management of Treasurer of the Society / Association.
d) He/She shall be responsible to maintain the accounts and vouchers of all the money, which is received and /or paid by him/her on behalf of the Society / Association.
e) He/She shall make Disbursement in accordance with the direction of the Governing Body.
f) He/She will ordinarily hold a Cash Balance not exceeding Rs.5000/-(Rupees Five Thousand Only) or the amount which may be fixed by the Governing Body of the Society / Association from time to time to meet the emergent needs relating to the Society / Association and he/she shall deposit all the remaining cash in the Society / Association Bank Account if any.
Executive Members : They will assist in the day to day work of the society as directed by the President and General Secretary.
Financial Year: The financial year of the society shall be from 1st April to 31st March, of every year.
Source of Income and Utilisation of Funds : Subscriptions, Admission Fees, donations, grant-in-aid and gifts from the members and the general public shall be the source of income of the society. All the income of the society shall be utilized towards the aims and objects of the society.
Operation of Bank Account : The funds of the Society shall be kept in a scheduled bank. The Bank account of the Society will be jointly operated by Treasurer and any one out of the President and General Secretary or as per the Board Resolution.
Audit of Accounts: The accounts of the society shall be audited by the qualified auditor every year and to be appointed by the Governing Body.
Filling up Casual Vacancies: The Casual vacancies may be filled up by the resolution passed by majority of votes by both the governing body and general body up to the next election.
Annual list of Managing / Governing Body (Section 4 of the Act) :Once in the month of April every year a list of the office bearers and members of the governing body of the society shall be filed with the Registrar of Societies, Delhi as required under section 4 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Legal Proceedings (Section 6 of the Act):The Society may sue or be sued in the name of the President / General Secretary as per provision laid down under section 6 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as applicable to the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
DOCUMENTS AND DEEDS :
- All Official Documents Deeds/ or Agreement signed or entered into by the Executive Committee, on behalf of the Association, or any of its institution or Department or Section shall be executed, signed or registered by the President and /or the General Secretary of the Association.
- The President or an office-Bearer as the case may be authorized by the Governing Body/Executive Committee on their behalf shall have the power to sell, endorse, lease, and transfer and otherwise deal with the cheques, Bills of Exchange and Government Securities in the name of the Association.
- All documents and records of the Association shall be kept and maintained at the office of the Association. List of Documents and Records to be maintained by Association shall be as mentioned in Annexure-C.
SECRECY AND PUBLICITY :
No Publicity shall be given to any statement, resolution or proceedings of the meetings by any Member of the Association and they shall not divulge any official information, detrimental to the interest of the Association. The President and General Secretary shall be the official spokesmen of the Association for releasing information, statements, and handouts, to the Public / Press. No Member of the Association shall be competent to issue such information as stated above. In exceptional cases, however, an Executive Committee Member may act as Association spokesperson if authorized by the President.
Amendment (Section 12 & 12A of the Act) : Any amendment in the Memorandum of Association or rules will be carried out in accordance with procedure laid down under section 12 and 12A of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Dissolution and Adjustment of Affairs (Section 13 & 14 of the Act) : If the society needs to be dissolved it shall be dissolved as per provision laid down under section 13 & 14 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as applicable to the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Application of the Act: All the provisions under all the sections of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as applicable to the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Essential Certificate : Certified that this is the correct and true copy of Rules and Regulations of the Society.